Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mango Salsa with Grilled Chicken

I've had this recipe forever but never tried it. I got it as a gift from one of our hometown neighbors for my bridal shower almost 2 years ago. It's one of those recipes that sounds great, but you never really think of when you're searching for recipes because it really is so SIMPLE. I also have never really dealt much with mangoes, so I don't really know what to do with them.

After all of that, this is something that we are going to need to throw into the summertime rotation more regularly. For something so simple, it definately was delicious! The recipe card says that it can also be used on fish, but I doubt we'll be going that route since I avoid eating anything that swims... Once again, I cannot take any credit for this meal. My husband had it on the table ready to go when I got home from work (at like 9:15pm!). After working that late, it really is nice to come home to supper. I could get used to this =-)


We did make a few modifications to the recipe based on what we could find. When we were at the grocery store, they were out of serrano peppers. Rather than go back looking for one later, we just subbed a seeded jalepeno. We also ended up adding about a mango and a half because we had bought 2 at the store.

Mango Salsa
1 lg. ripe/fragrant mango, diced
2 Tbsp. each sweet red pepper and yellow pepper, cut into small pieces
1 Tbsp. minced serrano pepper
1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
juice of 1 lime to temper the sweetness
Mix all ingredients. It is good on grilled chicken or fish or with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails