Monday, June 15, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I've been told by the hubby that we do not have enough pizza recipes on here. It is true. We do make pizza quite a bit - probably for every meal if my husband had it his way =-) However, I can't complain too much. Our homemade pizzas are usually pretty good!

I don't know for sure where we got this recipe. My mother may have been the one to suggest it, but I do know that it's one of our favorites! We made the same pizza crust as always. This crust is the perfect combination between thick and thin and can be found here. The only change I make is using whole wheat flour.


In the pizza recipe, we did substitute a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella for the Gouda cheese. We usually have those cheeses around the house, and I just couldn't justify the price of the Gouda. Enjoy the recipe!

BBQ Chicken Pizza
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 c. BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. molasses
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c. smoked Gouda cheese
1 c. thinly sliced onion
pizza crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine chicken, BBQ sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, and cilantro. Bring to a boil.

Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust and top with cheese and onions. Bake for 14-20 minutes until crust is done and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails