Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fruity Curry Chicken Salad


I was looking through my photos tonight, and I can't believe that I haven't posted this recipe yet. Chicken salad definitely isn't the fanciest meal, but it works GREAT as a good quick supper! I love curry powder in this recipe. Mix it with chunks of apples and grapes, and you've got a pretty good chicken salad.

My husband and I made this as a light supper several times throughout the summer for those days when it's just too dang hot to cook. I do not ever add the pecans or raisins as personal preference, but they are in the recipe. The original recipe is here at allrecipes.com. Get some great bread, lettuce leaves, or croissants, and try it out!

Fruity Curry Chicken Salad - adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 lg. can 98% fat-free shredded chicken
1 stalk celery, diced
4 green onions, chopped
1 Golden Delicious apple - cored and diced (we leave the peel on; it could be peeled)
1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 cup light mayonnaise

In a large bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, grapes, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise. Mix all together. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails