Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hot Wing Chicken Pizza


This is another pizza recipe that I've had waiting to be blogged for awhile (can you tell I have pizza on the brain?) This recipe is actually all ours that we devised on my husband's suggestion after having a similar pie at a local pizza joint. He is back (yay)! I was going to have him help write this post, but he is currently whooping and hollering at the TV while watching the baseball series game ;-)



The basis of the pizza is chicken, red onion, red bell pepper and the wing sauce. I have been trained from numerous wing-parties at the lake that Frank's wing sauce is the way to go, but you definately substitute it for your favorite sauce. I used it both to cook the chicken and as a sauce on the crust. In hindsight, I think it'd be awesome to mix some light ranch dressing with the wing sauce to use in place of the pizza sauce.  As usual, we used our favorite whole wheat pizza crust, but I left out the basil and oregano because I wasn't for sure how they would compete with the hot sauce.

The verdict? Well, I may be partial, but I think we blew the pizza joint out of the water. Try it out!


Hot Wing Chicken Pizza
1 prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
olive oil
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
Frank's Hot Sauce
light ranch dressing
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Prepare pizza dough. Roll out onto a pizza pan. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Heat a little bit of olive oil in a saucepan. Add chicken breast pieces and saute until almost cooked through. Add hot sauce until the pieces of chicken are appropriately covered. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and the mixture is heated through.

Mix another portion of hot sauce and light ranch dressing in a small bowl. Spread on the pizza dough. Top with chicken, sliced onion, bell pepper, and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until dough is browned and cheese is melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails