Saturday, October 31, 2009

MONSTER Cookies



HAPPY HALLOWEEN! So I realize the word "monster" in the title refers more to the ingredient list rather than the fact that it is Halloween, but this is the best I've got for holiday treats. I had REALLY wanted to make sugar cookies, so that I could decorate them in all kinds of spooky ways, but as it turns out, the last couple weeks have been CRAZY at school! Oh well, at least I got to use Halloween colored m&m's for the cookies :-)






I'm not really sure where I got this recipe, but I've been making it for a couple of years.  I always keep coming back to it. Monster cookies may be the hubby's favorite cookie. That's a pretty bold statement considering he eats most of what I cook with no complaints, but whenever there are cookies from a bakery, the monster cookies are what chooses. I like this recipe because it uses absolutely NO flour! The substance of the dough comes completely from the oatmeal. I like to try to tell myself that this makes them better for me, but I suppose the m&m's and chocolate chips tip the scales back the other way...

Regardless, these cookies are great! As written, this recipe does make quite a few cookies, and it's harder to halve because it calls for 3 eggs. Alternatively, monster cookies do make great freezer cookies!! Enjoy!


Monster Cookies
1/2 c. butter or margarine
5 c. oatmeal
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
3/4 c. m&m's
1 c. white sugar
1-1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1-1/4 c. peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together oatmeal and baking soda. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Mix in vanilla and peanut butter. Add the oat mixture to the batter. Mix until well combined. Mix in chocolate chips and m&m's. Dough will still be a little sticky.

Wet hands and roll into 1-inch balls or use a cookie scoop. Place on a greased baking sheet. Flatten the balls slighly. Bake for 9-12 minutes in the preheated oven until cookies are done to the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails