Sunday, June 27, 2010

Balsamic Chicken Noodle Bowl


I will be forever thankful for the people in Nebraska that are helping me while I am still here and my husband is in Arizona. Without them, I really don't know what we'd be doing right now! 

This is a recipe I have had bookmarked since January. I'm not quite sure what took me so long to try it since I love balsamic vinegar. Add feta cheese into that equation and I'm sold! The other great thing about this recipe is that it adapted well to help me clean out the cupboards and the fridge since I will be moving soon.  


Balsamic Chicken Noodle Bowl
Adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

Ingredients:
6 oz. whole wheat angel hair pasta
1 bell pepper, any color cut into strips
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
2-1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, divided and minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 c. plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
2-1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 cooked, cubed chicken breast
1/2 c. feta cheese 

Whisk together the vinegar, basil, salt, ground pepper, and 2 minced garlic cloves. When combined, slowly whisk in 1/8 cup of olive oil until the dressing is completely combined. Set aside.

Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Do not rinse. While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, 1 clove minced garlic, and zucchini and cook briefly until the bell pepper is crisp-tender. Add the cooked chicken and diced tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes more until the chicken is heated through.

When the noodles have been drained, add the hot noodles to the skillet with the vegetable-chicken mixture and toss. Add the feta cheese and toss quickly to combine. Pour the dressing over the top and toss with tongs to coat all the ingredients. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. Thanks for stopping by and visiting our blog. We are having a linky party and the theme this week is Pasta. Please co,e by and link up your favorite pasta recipes.

    Http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails