Monday, October 25, 2010

Peanut Butter Chip Peanut Butter Cookies


I have a confession... Peanut butter and I have not always been the best of friends. Sure I have eaten my fair share of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, but the peanut butter half is typically spread pretty thin. Oddly enough, as I started training for my marathon this past spring, I started wanting peanut butter more and more. It still has not made it to my list of favorites, but I think there may be something true about the link between runners and their peanut butter. 

Last time I visited my husband, he talked me into making these cookies. I first found the recipe here on Cookie Baker Lynn, but the recipe has been sitting in my bookmarked recipes folder for several months as I debated about whether or not to go forward with the peanut butter thing. Peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips. That might make me cross the line into a peanut butter-fanatic.


These cookies are quite simple to make. My hubby and I mixed them up and baked them in about an hour. As for how the cookies turned out? Let me tell you that me, the non-peanut butter fanatic, loved them. As for my other half? The rest of the batch didn't last too long =) 

(Printable Recipe)

Peanut Butter Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
From Cookie Baker Lynn 

Ingredients:
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 c. white whole wheat flour (can substitute all-purpose)
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
granulated sugar for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and mix. Beat in the egg. 

In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour to the peanut butter mixture and blend together. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Shape the balls into 1-inch balls. Roll them in granulated sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Press down on the balls lightly to flatten the cookies. 

Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they flatten and start to crack on top. Do not overbake. Remove to a cooling rack to cool.

Yield: about 2 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious!!! Peanut butter isn't my favorite cookie but this recipe has me wanting to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails