Monday, March 5, 2012

SRC: Nutella Brownies

I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I am new to the Nutella camp. Like only a couple weeks new. I swear I had tried it before. My impression then was indifferent. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything I would go crazy over. Let's fast-forward to the present - I bought a small jar a couple weeks ago for a baking group assignment. I am not sure what has changed, but man that stuff is addicting!

My new obsession played in perfectly to my blog assignment for this month's Secret Recipe Club. Erin, of Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts seems to have a similar obsession. She's even made homemade Nutella, and I can't say I blame her! Erin has a great blog and must be a woman after my own heart with her list of desserts. I think I could have made each of them, but there was no getting past these Nutella brownies.
Similar to Erin, my brownies ended up on the longer side of the bake time. Despite taking what seemed like a long time to bake, the brownies emerged soft and gooey in the middle with the perfect crispy edges. Erin describes them as super fudgy with lots of Nutella flavor and I would have to say that I agree. My husband would tell you that they made great ice cream sundaes, but I can vouch for them being delectable on their own too. Enjoy! 

(Printable Recipe)

Nutella Brownies
Adapted from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup Nutella
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.

Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well. Add salt, cocoa powder, and Nutella and mix in slowly. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake 25-35 minutes (mine took the 35 minutes). The brownies will cut better once cool, but they make great ice cream sundaes while warm.


12 comments:

  1. Yum! Nutella in brownies sounds like a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Your brownies look awesome! Makes me wish I had some left here, they are yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, these look amazing! I also adore Nutella, and I bet it is incredible in brownies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Nutella. Can't wait to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had Nutella in AGES. I may just have to cave in and buy a jar to try this great looking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing!!!!! Such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, these must be like Ferrero Rochers in brownie form. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't be ashamed sister - you converted ;)

    we've actually stopped having nutella in the house because nutella in the house = a lot of sugary breakfasts. and lunches. and sometimes even dinner. happy src day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with your husband....these would be great in a brownie ice cream sundae! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - what is it about men that they see a brownie and immediately have to cover it in ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream? I'm with you - I want to enjoy that brownie in it's purest form. And with nutella? Whoa baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so glad you have 'discovered' the virtues of Nutella lol. And these brownies look so luscious, great choice for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry that it's taken you so long to try Nutella, it's been an addiction here for years. Your brownies sound wonderful, Nutella brownies are the bomb!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails