Monday, June 11, 2012

Key Lime Pie

The story of my life right now... I had every intention of having this post up BEFORE Cinco de Mayo. So, I'm only 6 weeks behind the times. No big deal right? All complaints aside, I only have 3 more weeks of dual duty left. Hoping to get some time in the kitchen come July. We will see. If it gets too hot around here, you might be seeing lots of ice cream recipes :)
Thankfully, this pie needs no occasion. The recipe is my dad's. If you gave dad the choice when we were younger, this was the recipe he was making anytime we needed to take a dessert to a function. With only 3 ingredients outside the graham cracker crust, I can't blame him. It is easy and delicious. Dad has made both lime and lemon versions of the pie, but the lime has always been my favorite. 

Still working on finding my perfect homemade graham cracker crust, so if anyone has a great one, I would love it. For now, I'll leave that part up to all of you!

Doesn't this just make you want to sit outside with a slice and a margarita? Enjoy!
(Printable Recipe)

Key Lime Pie
From Dad

Ingredients:
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
4 oz. lime juice
graham cracker crust (purchased or use your favorite recipe)
whipped cream
lime slices 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together milk and egg yolks. Slowly add lime juice and mix well. Pour into the prepare graham crust. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pie has set. Serve with lime slices and whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful key lime pie. It's one of my husband's favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big bag of limes on my counter and I've been debating what to use them for - this looks like a very, very good option! I haven't made a key lime pie in ages, but I am a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails