Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oatmeal Cookie Butter Cookies

I am going to ask you to turn your oven on in this post. Yes... these cookies are worth every degree the temperature increases in your house. I promise!

I am a little behind the train on the Biscoff spread/Cookie Butter craze. I have not found the actual Biscoff spread here, just the Trader Joe's Cookie Butter version, but I can tell you that the spread is definitely some addicting stuff. The first jar that made its way into our pantry disappeared via some spoons :)
This cookie recipe comes from the book Cookie Cravings by the cookie genius, Maria, at Two Peas and Their Pod. Maria and I seem to share a similar love of cookies, and this book is definitely on my want list. With the spices in the spread and the cinnamon in the recipe, I could absolutely see these cookies being a great holiday cookie. Nonetheless, my coworkers (as well as my husband and myself) certainly enjoyed them in the middle of July! Enjoy!

(Printable Recipe)

Oatmeal Cookie Butter Cookies
Adapted from Cookie Cravings 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cookie Butter/Biscoff Spread
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 pkg. white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg; mix well. Mix in the vanilla. Add the cookie butter and mix until combined. Mix in the flour mixture. Mix in oats and white chocolate chips until combined. If the dough still seems quite sticky, you can add a bit more flour, a couple tablespoons at a time. 

Form the cookie dough into balls and set on the baking sheet. Press down slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are set and firm around the edges. Do not bake until the cookies are starting to brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Remove and finish cooling on a wire rack. 

Yield: about 18 cookies

1 comment:

  1. I haven't cooked anything using Biscoff, I should pick up a jar and try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails