Friday, November 9, 2012

Week 2: Friday Favorites

Wow. This past week flew! We have some friends headed into town this weekend, so I will be joining my husband and the other boys at my very first NASCAR race. I know aabsolutely nothing about NASCAR (other than the fact that they make left turns all the way around the track), so we'll see how it goes. Either way, it should be fun :)

Without further ado, here are some of my finds for the week. Have a great weekend everyone!

Favorite Holiday Gift. Homemade Vanilla Extract by Averie Cooks. What a cute gift for all those extra people that pop up on your holiday list. I have wanted to do this for holiday gifts for a couple years now, but I never get it started on time. Looks like I better get going! 


Favorite Soup. Ham, Bean, and Kale Soup by Clawson Live. My last year of pharmacy school I lived with some friends that made the best ham and bean soup. It's something I never really had prior to living with them, but man do I crave it. It was one of those meals that she just made, without a recipe and is something that I have to replicate. This one looks close!



Favorite Decor. Painted Pantry Door by The House of Smiths. I never would have thought of this on my own, but I love the contrast it adds. Beautiful!


Favorite Funny.
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=b37f147f15&view=att&th=13ae3695bfe72c8e&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-lOM1v1m_xmtoy0Tx0ah8Q&sadet=1352435269091&sads=2tTdu3szknkx28Tof6SN5jFvnK0&sadssc=1

Favorite Breakfast. Crumbly Pumpkin Bread by Damn Delicious. The streusel. I can't even. This needs to happen before pumpkin season is over!


Favorite Jewelry. Thumbprint Pendants. How cute would this be for a bride and groom, or even for your children. Love it. You can also make rings and other types of jewelry.
Sterling Silver Custom Double Thumbprints Heart Pendant or Charm

Favorite Salad. Sizzling Asian Steak Salad by Iowa Girl Eats. Salad for me. Asian flavors for him. Pretty sure this would be a hit in our house. Love Kristin's recipes! 

6 comments:

  1. Watching the races used to be like watching paint dry: all they did was turn the wheel to the left. Once getting to know a lot of crew members and drivers/spouses it was far more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a ton of fun at the race! I hear this one was a little more lively than most :) I agree with you, it is always more fun when you have that personal connection.

      Delete
  2. Haha, great minds - I have a few of these same links bookmarked! The salad really calls to me, love Asian flavors! Hope you have fun at the NASCAR race :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those thumbprint necklaces. Enjoy your first NASCAR race. Should be fun, since it's getting down to the end of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely round up! I saw that vanilla extract on Averie Cooks and I am dying to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this blog helpful. I found my content here very helpful for me. eprothomalo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails