Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spinach Salad with Whole-Wheat Tortellini, Dried Cranberries, Apples, and Feta


My husband has been out of town on rotation for the past 3 weeks, so I've been a little  bit more low key on cooking meals. Conveniently, I saw this recipe here on Two Peas and Their Pod and knew I had to try it. Maria has TONS of great recipes on her blog, and it was just what I was looking for in an easy supper (read: I won't be eating leftovers for 2 of the 4 weeks)!

All that I can tell you is that this salad is good enough that I've had it 3 times in the past week! This past time I even had to swap in a raspberry vinaigrette for the balsamic because I was out, and it was still great! I did adapt the recipe a little bit by leaving the almonds out. I am generally not too crazy about nuts in my food. They are okay plain, but I'd rather not have them in my salads, brownies, etc. 



Spinach Salad with Whole-Wheat Tortellini, Dried Cranberries, Apples, & Feta
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

Fresh spinach leaves
Whole-wheat cheese tortellini, cooked, drained, and chilled (Buitoni refrigerated)
Dried cranberries
tart apple, cut into thin slices
Feta cheese
Balsamic dressing (raspberry vinaigrette)


Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place a bed of spinach on a plate. Add tortellini, dried cranberries, apple slices, feta cheese, and dressing. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails