Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza

So I've been gone for just over a week as a camp counselor, and it's about time for a new blog post. I haven't really been cooking yet since I've been home - more like recovering from exhaustion. The energy that children have is amazing. I wish it could be bottled. Anyway, this is a pizza that we made before I left. A friend had combined several different recipes to come up with this beauty. You can read about her post here. We eat a lot of pizza around here. Proabably at least weekly in one form or another. Kaylee hit the spot with this combination. It definately ranks up there with the favorite pizza recipes.
Look at all those fresh veggies. Yum!
Once again, we used our standard pizza crust recipe. I really like making our own crust. For some reason it just feels better that I know exactly what is going in it.

Thai Chicken Pizza
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2 tsp. fresh ginger root, minced
1/2 c. peanut sauce
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. fresh snow peas
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c. carrots, thinly sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 c. crushed peanuts
1/4 c. fresh bean sprouts
Prepare dough. Chop veggies while dough is rising. Cook diced chicken in pan with a little oil and ginger root until chicken is cooked through.
Roll dough out on the pan and spread peanut sauce over the crust. Cover with the chicken and ginger mixture. Spread pepper, carrots, snow peas, green onion, and sprouts on top. Add crushed peanuts and top with shredded cheese. Bake according to the directions for the crust or until cheese is melted and crust appears done.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you liked my recipe enough to post it on your blog! I actually made it again last night because I was craving it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails